Northern Warfare Training Center | Fort Wainwright,
Alaska | 1.907.353.1178
The Army's only Cold Region Training Proponent |
Battle Cold and Conquer Mountains
CWOC - Cold Weather Orientation course
||12 Nov 2013
||15 Nov 2013
||27 Sep 13
||3 Dec 2013
||6 Dec 2013
||22 Oct 13
||3 Feb 2014
||6 Feb 2014
||20 Dec 13
||3 Mar 2014
||6 Mar 2014
||17 Jan 14
Click here for the CWOC Packing List (updated 01.25.14)
Click here for the Packing List Picture Book (updated 01.02.13)
Courses material and scope
Cold Weather Orientation Course (Download the Student Handout)
The Cold Weather Orientation Course (CWOC) familiarizes commanders and staff officers with the knowledge/skills required in successfully planning and conducting operations in a cold, snow-covered environment. Emphasis is placed on the effects of cold on personnel and material, effects of the winter environment on operations, and planning considerations unique to the winter battlefield and cold regions. Cold weather risk-management procedures are stressed throughout the course of instruction.
1. Company command teams and above.
2. Enlisted personnel: E-7 and above serving on Battalion or Brigade staff.
3. Warrant/commissioned officer personnel: CW-2/O-2 and above serving in a staff position.
4. Walk-on seats will be filled with E-5 and above serving in staff positions.
5. This course is open to all Military personnel throughout Department of Defense, with priority to active duty Soldiers and those deploying to mountainous regions. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Commander, NWTC.
6. There are no P 2 or temporary profile disqualification requirements for this course under the P, U, or L columns of the physical profile. Students cannot have a permanent or temporary profile restricting exposure to cold temperatures. All students must meet minimum physical training, height and weight standards.
7. Soldiers not meeting the prerequisites listed above will need to get approval from the Commander, NWTC, prior to the start of the course.
8. Students MUST have a Field Meal Card issued by their unit. Special waivers will only be granted with approval from the Commander, NWTC prior to the start of the course.
9. A security clearance is not required.
C. Special Notes:
All items listed on the packing list for each course (see NWTC website http://www.wainwright.army.mil/nwtc) will be inspected on day zero for accountability and serviceability. Students arriving with unserviceable or missing equipment will be required to obtain the equipment prior to departing for Black Rapids Training Site or will be required to return to home station. NWTC does not have a supply system to DX or replace missing equipment.
Follow us on Facebook